ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Under the general supervision of Test Plot Manager, the Test Plot Field Supervisor role will be responsible for the coordination of harvest evaluation of Driscoll’s proprietary plant varieties according to globally established protocols. This position will provide support for our Breeding Programs in collecting data required by Breeders and their teams. The location is in Ait Amira, Chtouka Ait Baha, Region D’Agadir , and the position that we are offering is an O4.
Individual will be asked to work 44 hours per week and have a flexible attitude to work hours due to the seasonal nature of the crops. In high season late work and weekend work on rotational basis will be required.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO):
· Manage one permanent member of staff;
· Assist in the recruitment, management and onboarding of seasonal staff;
· Motivate staff and ensure work is conducted to the right standard;
· Carry out training of seasonal staff as per written global protocols on harvest evaluation;
· Ensure field staff have adequate resources and training to perform their duties and be responsible for ordering supplies as necessary;
· Ensure that schedule for staff optimizes productivity and workflow;
· Maintain the timesheets for seasonal staff and communicate any overtime to relevant parties;
· Coordinate and collaborate the harvest operation with Test Plot Manager and Technical grower;
· Plan and manage practical tasks within the harvest operation including but not limited to daily labor requirements, setting up weekend rotation;
· Support Test Plot operation including pruning, tunnel settings, admin, data collection, label printing;
· Maintain updates on globally established protocols for yield collection and grading;
· Ensure all collected internal database records are error free and all collected data is present;
· Ensure that all updates of the database are done on time as required;
· Develop written Standard Operating Procedures for all test plot, harvest and data collection activities;
· Arrange that representative shelf life, brix, sensory and customer samples are prepared/delivered/ on time;
· Ensure checks and regular calibration of staff to make sure that the fruit is being handled properly according to correct protocols;
· Provide support with visiting customers, growers and visitors;
· Ensure that all necessary equipment is in good condition, serviced/calibrated and available for staff to perform their duties;
· Collaborate and support post-harvest breeding department activities if necessary;
· Any other duties as assigned by Test Plot Manager or Technical Grower.
· Minimum of 2 years of professional work experience in Horticulture;
· Excellent written and communication skills;
· Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office;
· Valid Moroccan Driver’s License.
Preferred Qualifications & Leadership skills
· Be a team player, having an open-minded and flexible attitude, responding positively to different opinions and changing priorities within the harvest operation;
· The ability to follow instructions, pay close attention to detail;
· Good communication and problem-solving skills;
· Have good organizational skills and be able to multi-task;
· Excellent record keeping skills;
· Commitment to safety and teamwork in workplace;
· Strong initiative and accountability to deliver against projected goals;
· Interpersonal skills required to work and manage multinational team;
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
Driscoll’s is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll’s is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of passion, humility, and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.